Friday, April 11, 2008

Save Environment for Posterity

I saw this hoarding somewhere on the roadside, few days back.
" Save Environment for Posterity ".
To which I could only see the garbage dumps littered around in its homage. Just another day, while I was on my way to my Office, a girl came and started speaking to me in an abstruse manner. After requesting to repeat her sentence for the fifth time that I realised that she was asking me to fill my details in a post card form, which she was carrying as a part of some sort of survey. A survey by government to find out how much is the contribution by the people towards taking any really meaningful measures to save environment.

Well I still can't make out what would that small piece of information (of my Name & email id) would help to improve any better. I wonder why the government cant introduce new rules as Environment Saving Measures and ask for heavy fines or compensation in case of violating the same. Or, they should involve the citizens to keep their surroundings clean. I have nothing to say much about this issue since it has been the topic of any oratory. Just that, we should do something materialistic to save our 'Mother Nature' than simply putting some ads on hoardings and involving in stupid surveys.

3 comments:

Kartick Sitaraman said...

A few things I wanted to say to this:-

1. While this survey may have been stupid, not all surveys are (that's the ex-researcher in me refusing to take that quietly)

2. What's your first step in doing something materialistic towards the environment?

3. I would have appreciated it more if you had taken that first step and then mentioned it in your post. Ranting hum sab karte hain, pehle kadam toh badhao. Warna tum bhi hum sab mein se ek ho jaati ho.

Madhuri said...

Hey Kartick,

It was a good advice. And I definitely try to keep my surroundings clean.

Agar kadam nahi badhana hota to likhne ki taakat bhi nahi hoti. :)

Unknown said...

Posterity is just plain stupid per se. Of course it is good to take into consideration our elders, but who knows, I might be the reincarnate of someone before them. And I don't want this morals SCHIT... how one talks is of no concern to me when I look for energy partners. When I look for energy partners I first look at whether they use nature as a deadly weapon.It might have been 9600 BC when that idol bashing maniac of the bible used nature as a weapon.. but these are serious charges, and I want yahweh in court.

As for these dudes who put their stranglehold on our lives... if any of them are the "fathers" then they are incompetent forces to handle energy as well..

Posterity is not a law.. it is arbitrary.. something to take into consideration.. but just because you were here before me don't got a goddam thing with what Im choosin' today.