Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mother- Like you, I can find no other !

The first word that I pronounced was You,
Your touch has the feel like the morning dew..
You borne the pain to carry me
You taught me how to walk bolster-free

You lulled me telling stories like you were a Raconteur
You always caught my secrets that no one could decipher.
You never fettered me and allowed me to candor
I found you to my aid when I used to flounder.
You stayed awake all night when I was ill
I may have changed, but you are the same still.

Who can it be, other than you O' Mother
Its you who gave me a sis and a brother.

That now I am so far, and you have said, "trust no other".
When I'm all alone,
Your visage is all I want, for me not to bother.
You are my sheath when I am amidst an embroil
I learnt from you to reach the acme by my own toil.

How can I pay you for the person you carved out of me
Without you, I was a one with no identity.
Your Love can't be measured or can't be weighed
I cannot just praise, to make your Love look hackneyed.

Only one thing is there, that is in my mind
I see many ladies, but none of your kind
I cant see your pain and the tears that your eyes shed
I will serve all my life and let you sleep in the cosy bed

I want to see you happy and I would not let you cry.
If this life is short, I'll give another try.
I may not be your daughter, when I am reborn
But I'll be around, keeping promise that I've sworn.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi dee , this poem really touches my soul. This can only be understood by you and me who are far from their mother and specially the last 8 lines got into me. After Taren Zameen par, this was second time i had my eyes wet(kind of), Really nice blog !! and always take care !!

--- Ravi.

Madhuri said...

Hey Ravi,

Thank u so much for this comment.. It is not being far or near, it is just the feeling. And it doesn't needs parameters to express it. So, keep loving and express it whenever you think she needs it....

Take Care
Cheers.

Unknown said...

I can understand your scientific approach to measure the affection and other human feelings in paramters , but i want to bring out a point out here thats somethings cant be measured, it can only be felt. Sometimes i feel like going to Mom and give her a hug,but being so far u can also understand the same !!

Love u dee
--Ravi .

Madhuri said...

Dear Ravi,

If you go through my reply once more, you'll find that I've written "it doesn't need parameters". But, I agree that being far away from home does fills us more with nostalgia.

Luv :)