Saturday, April 12, 2008

Err-Excuse-Expect = Exacerbation !

Sometimes people are affected by smallest of pecks in life while sometimes even tribulations wont make a difference. As all this time, I have been struggling to keep my hold firm on the ground, I've been shaken by many petty situations. This is when I realised my scale of emotions. Though how hard I try, I cant stop feeling miserable, if somebody does bad to me. I try not to expect, but still I do. And even the nano percent of this feeling is enough to exacerbate my mood as well as peace of mind.

Result, I blame others for my miseries. I have been getting back-stabbed all this while. And yet, I am too naive to believe the reality. It is such an inherent nature that differentiates me. One of my friend told me once, "It is this nature that has kept you sweet and innocent." To which I replied, " What is the point of being innocence when nobody values your emotions ?" See, I know it.

And yet, even knowing the outcome, I continue my pree ! Thats life...

**************************************************

I usually when write my poems, I wait desperately for one person to give the comments. It is this person whose comments really counts. I was getting appreciations from all around when I got the comment from him for the grammatical error that I made in my last poem. Ohh, it disheartened me !

And hence, instead of accepting it, I started making excuses. "I am new to such kind of writing." "I know there's an error but then suggest me for the better execution." etc etc.

I feel, why cant I simply concede rather than making some or the other excuses to escape. We are so apprehensive about hearing our mistakes and forget when have to comment on others. Actually, its Human Nature. We are so full of ego that we don't enjoy being offended. Don't you feel, it is better to accept the criticism gracefully and revamp ourselves. The more we make excuses, the more we are prone to commit mistakes.

**************************************************

Recently, I was roaming around like a Refugee looking for an accommodation. Finally, I came to ask from one who had been treating me like the most closest and nearest to her after her family. She let me stay, but for no reason she asked me to vacate her flat. I was stunned. Guess, I expected more than I could receive, for no one cares about your problems when they are out of there own. Its all about need.

I felt like a pawn who was used by her when she had no one to help. But, then it happens with everyone. And I don't blame anybody ( No, I do. I curse them. But cant take revenge. Cant retort. Only feel mawkish.) Just recall, how many times you went through the same feeling !

The solution is: stop being like a maudlin and be an opportunist as others are. We are a Rat in this 'Rat Race' and we need to be an astute chaser to be a Cat.

4 comments:

Neeraj said...

I totally disagree on the point of being an opportunist,this is where you want to let in the notion of tit for tat.
I totally agree,that we are in a rat race,but guess what ,even if you win the race ,you still are a rat,not a cat.
Frm my point of view,we should give our best ,and stop expecting,rather start expecting the worst.
That will certainly help.
Sometimes,seeing the world through rosy eyed glasses does help.

Madhuri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madhuri said...

Hey Neeraj,

You are right, but do you think you can survive with that rosy-eyed glasses ?
This world has no time to listen to your story. So you have to make your way practically rather being in a fantasy world. As it goes, "Survival of the fittest! "...

Also, don't take the literal meaning of 'cat'. It just reads, be a chaser and get your prey faster.

cheers.

Lighthouse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.