Sunday, April 6, 2008

Love is here to Stay

I closed my eyes yet again
To take you out of my mind
But the closed lid also spare me not
For it shows me your picture
envisaging you in various slides

Like a magnet I was
Drawing towards you
I was struggling to repel
But opposite poles we were
That brought us closer

Now that I am mesmerised
And your charm made me hypnotised
Though I know you are far too bound
I need your presence and feel around

What shall I do to make you believe ?
That this Love is true and not to mislead
Can't you feel the intensity so high ?
Can't you see the tears that dry ?
My life has come to a standstill
People think me mad while I am so thrilled

I wish I can ask an angel
for her feathers on hire
To reach you in a blink
Crossing mountains and fire
Or, With the speed of light
I would take the flight

I want you forever holding my hand
And I cant see it last as a one night stand
I want to lie beside you for not just a day
I want to be in your arms with a future to stay
I want nothing than your vow
To bring me life which has no glow

No matter, if you feel it the same
I just believe that I can make it someday
You holding my hands and sitting beside
Together we'll make it My Love
And we could only then say
Love is here to stay !

2 comments:

Kartick Sitaraman said...

If only there was a way to soothe the longing, the pain.

Madhuri said...

hey kartick,

thanks for ur comment...

if we made conditions in love, there won't have been a saying "Love is Blind ! "

cheers,
Madhuri.