Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Grass is greener the other side !

I am a nerd and I am so ugly
Where girls around are pleasantly lovely

That I've changed & look much prettier
I find them contenders of pageantry frontier

Oh, I am a hobo, my life is so dull
Where some are scholars & some are admiral

Now, I have a job & I am swinging on a cradle
When rest are promoted with huge appraisal

I left my job, in a hope to study abroad
By that time, rest planned to make their own road

I am abroad with the grandeur of excellent opportunity
I felt the pain within, living without familiarity

I am ahead of all, with a shining future
But I have no time for new relation to nurture

I lead with pride & treat all amicably
Left alone, though I long for my wonderful family

In the run of life, I aimed and attained
Still craving for better, ever remained

I am not happy, I am not satisfied
It always seems,' Grass is greener the other side !'

7 comments:

Neeraj said...

"craving for better",is the only way you inprove yourself.so its really good to aim and attain,but we all are aware ,excess of anything is harmful.
So its ok to crave a bit all the time.

Madhuri said...

Hey Neeraj,

Thanks for taking the concept of the poem from a different front. Its a good point you put.

Even when we crave for better, we think we may be satiated after that. But, its no end to it !

SUPER HACKER said...

your Occupation is Software Engineer , and you doing emotional poetry , where all the logic gone

Madhuri said...

Hey Super hacker,

Is it written somewhere that a Software Engineer is not allowed to write emotional poetries? I think it needs more of heart than logic. And probably according to you, Software Engineers have out-ruled heart over logic,right? But, logic is used in every activity that we do.
Anyway, taking a note on your comment, I'll write a logical poetry soon. :)

Amit Charles said...

:)

keep it rollin;)

Lighthouse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ketan said...

What kind of comments you've required to put up with! But at least your blogs have got them! Mine don't get even such. TC, any way.