Friday, June 27, 2008

We

While sun bidding its final goodbye
Lying on bed, with tears in my eye
You had called, and I couldn't say it again
You to stay forever, be all mine
But my mouth goes glued 
As if about to commit a crime.

Darkness pandemic arrives as harbinger
And my pensive thoughts start to linger
Deep within lies a fear
Since you are too far,
With little chance to be near.

I'm still not a day ahead of our chirpy tete-a-tete(s)
Reminiscence brings me smile,
When your voice echos & my heart taps
You had to go, it was for your better
I never showed the right or any deter

Now I realize, I should have expressed
If not stopped you, at least said
That chunk of my soul, you do possessed
Your crass slowly engendered my interest 
That not for a day, I've peace or rest.

Years have passed, I'd lost the touch
And glad to catch again your clutch
Though not impossible it was, but
It was my ego, or probably I let
The doors of my heart closed & shut.

 Now that you are around
I am not numb anymore
Just want to talk and 
Be with you more and more
All over, you and your sound.

I wish this time forgets its tick and just stop
I hold your hands till my last breath crops
I don't want to moan or revile on the retrospect
Parting again would be like corroded silt
So, let me not drown in my own guilt.

I want you to be right beside me
Facing all turmoils like an usual spree
Startling all life with your regular surprises
That a smile be on my face even as I die
For this small favor, looking forward to see
That someday I may be known,
when you say, 'We'.

4 comments:

Dilip Sanchora said...

a sweet poem from a sweet gal ... it had everything.. some sadness.. some emotions ...some ego.. and hope and happiness in the end...!!
mad,, u might have written more beautiful poems before this..but for me this is the best till date..yy? .. coz its simple yet it speaks volumes about codes of life ...

one secrete .. when i read u ppl .. i feel like i should quit writing ..coz reading u ppl is more fun than writing !!!

Dhananjay said...

hey really nice formatting of words .....

U gt a nice thought gil...

Impressive poem ....

Amit Charles said...

well ended

keep it rollin;)

Michel H Ashton said...

adored this one ....straight from heart .....