Saturday, July 10, 2010

Legacy of Hypocrisy - Part 1

Recently, I’d been to a marriage party with my parents and hence had to stand face-to-face with society of flamboyant men and women. There were aunties who had their children married and enjoying their peace of mind. There also were some aunties who were coveting to be one throwing the party for their children. And together, they all were busy talking about their tension-free and tension-borne experiences. So, I was left feeling out of the place and was just given a corner glance once in a while until they discovered whose daughter I was. And thus it started! Whoever, came to speak to my mother, one obvious was definitely asked, “When are you getting your daughter married?”


I found it quite amusing, for why were they so worried about my marriage? They are not feeding me nor do they give a damn if I am married or divorced or single. In fact, most of them feel happy because they get a sensational topic to discuss. Finding my life as a source of entertainment for them. Yet, when they speak, it sounds as if no one cares as much as they do for me. If so is the case, why don’t they find me a guy and help my mom free from her stress? Well, shrewdness surrounds us all [and hence I am no different at times since I am a part of it too].


So, in yet another conversation with my friend, we were talking about the hassles of staying single by will. I have friends who are married now irrespective of reason-cum-mode of marriage, i.e. either love or arranged. And so I have also seen that not all relations are made on choices but compromised on options too. So the residue of such relations turns out to be happy, accepting or adjusting.


Now, regardless of the statistics (since I've not checked), there has to be some estrangements seen in every relationships. Anyway, we were working out on questions like: what makes one like the other person, what changes the feelings sometimes, why we are so apprehensive in arranged marriages and why sometimes it ends perfect? Believe me it was quite a mind boggling talk session and the conclusion is yet to be decided. [I'd read somewhere "A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking." Probably we are not tired as of now.] Society has made so many complications that it becomes a vague approach to fit into our self-defined beliefs/maxims.


He said, if we are meeting a girl/guy, we needed to give time to understand each other. Considering the fact that she/he is trying to sacrifice things just to spend time with you. But have you ever come across a dilemma where in, it is impossible for you to return mutual feeling seeing the person in front of you is trying her/his best to win over you. You may feel obliged or sympathy or pity but not Love. You may think me mean but it was hard to face. I feel when two people meet something should click. There should be some spark that helps ignite the fire between two souls.** And then you feel “May be he/she is the one”. This phenomenon is universally termed as 'Soul mate'.


Now now, this is when Hypocrisy has an important role play. Okay, let me take you to the origin of humanity and civilization, bringing Science & Religion together. If you were unknown of the fact that, in Book of Genesis the soul of Adam was split in two, and Eve was born out of him. Aan haan...but before we go on, let's take a small tea-break ! After the break, we'll be going for a small tour with Paulo Coelho and understand the concept of Soul mates. And find out if we really understand the meaning !

See ya !

** P.S: 'Spark' doesn't mean an integral ingredient of falling in love, but just the same frequency level. And I don't think it's so hard to find. You just need to realize that your views on most things are almost similar. Which gives you an idea if you can build a bridge of Understanding or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A common legacy of which we all have been a part of willingly or unwillingly,not understanding the implications that our actions will have. I do hope the world opens its eyes and understands the importance of free will rather than suppressing it....

Eagerly awaiting for part 2!