Friday, June 18, 2010

Walk with the God

In a recent telephonic conversation with a friend, we were talking about the parameters of intellects in terms of things that inspires us. We all must have gone through a self-psychometric-analysis at one point of time. As in, which one we prioritise out of mountains, oceans, fire and wind, etcetera etcetera. Or may be by taking some other sets of references, we all try to figure out why can we relate ourselves to the choices we have in our lives. Anyway, lets get back to the conversation.
Here is an excerpt from our conversation :

Friend : Maddy, what would you prefer most among Ocean, Mountains, Fire, Sky and Air ?

Me : Ocean. What would you choose ?

Friend : May be, Sky or Fire.

Me : Be more specific please !

Friend : Mmmnn, let’s say Sky.

Me : Okay, and what would be the reason ?

Friend : Well, there are many reasons but the one fundamental reason that I can think of is, it’s untouchable and unreachable. Sky is infinite and yet, it seems so near. The more I try to come near it, the more it moves far. Which persuades me to keep moving high and high.

Me : Good ! And if you’d chosen Air or Fire ?

Friend : One by one. Air first.....It is something which envelopes us, keeps our vital system green and going but still neither can we touch, see or sense it. ......... Now Fire. Fire emanates a lot of heat and light which in turn spreads warmth and hope. We cannot dare to touch it but it inspires to burn. Burn to spread light..... to give hope.

Me : Interesting ! Given an insightful explanation by you, one thing I observed is, you are ambitious. Things that looks out of reach fascinates you. You move forward in pursuit of reaching its pinnacle one day.

Friend : Yeah, can say that. It kind of encourages me to roll my sleeves up and work hard. So, why would you choose ocean ?

Me : Oh yes, my turn. I like ocean because it carries everyone’s dump. No matter where it comes from, what it consists of, ocean accepts any offerings (regardless of being harmful or harmless) into its abyss without changing its attributes on the surface. I like ocean for its depth. When in college, if I felt low, I would run to Marine Drive, sitting there for hours and all the distress would sublime in air without my knowledge. It takes away all your worries and cheer your soul distracting you by its beauty.

Friend : Sounds quite emotional. I would like ocean for its depth more because, again its hard to reach its depth.

We laughed it out later playing it just for fun. But if we look closer, it shows different approach of looking at the same thing. It is not what we choose makes us an individual but what we think about it makes us different. Sometimes we may have same interests but the approach towards the interests speaks of our identity.

**************************************************************************

While I was re-viewing this conversation, I noticed that all the Elements: Fire, Air, Water and Sky have one thing in common: Un-reachablility. What is more amusing is that it reflects some of the quality we define in God.

[Though I am not a follower of any particular religion, neither am I a follower of particular God, but I do believe in a power whose abundant energy has given shape to this universe and many other universes.]

At home, recently while enjoying natural panorama on my apartment’s terrace one day, I could see people below me. All passer-bys, busy in their daily chores were busier to look up and see. I felt like God for that instant! Don’t take me wrong, I could see the world below me but nobody had time to look unless I would draw their attention towards me.

We human have a common affinity for ideas/things that are hard to approach. And there is nothing bad if it keeps us going. If not for the belief that there is something beyond this body and life, no one would ever step out of there cosy cushions. Even the selfish, if not for god, work hard in pursuit of becoming one. This cycle of reaching the apotheosis keeps the strings of life playing. If there was no inspiration, there was no aspiration.

There is a verse by Ghalib which suits this ideology, the perfect:

humko malum hai jannat ki haqeeqat lekin, dil ke khush rakhne ka Ghalib ye khayal achcha hai.......”

1 comment:

ThePolymath said...

gr8 dear...Madhuri let me be honest..u know u write like a professional writer and rarely do I read someone with an excellent command over both the language and the content...keep blogging and if my opinion matters give a thought abt
Professional Writing:)