Saturday, June 12, 2010

Following one's Dream

I had read somewhere, your mental state strongly affects your whole body system. So, you should talk and believe what you say and see. And inspired by this idea I've put my 'About me' on orkut profile as 'I am the Miracle'. Weird, isn't it ? But thats how I feel about myself. It is a good way to keep one's spirits high.

I was in Delhi recently to meet a friend when I was introduced to a friend of hers. Well, we could barely spend few hours together but one thing was sure he used a lot of brain before speaking. After I left, I had a small chat one day with this stranger-became-friend. And the first message I received said,"I am the Miracle ! I often wonder over this sentence of yours."

Later I came to know that we were birds of same feathers. Thinking is our main stream profession, rest is secondary. But what I realised is he doesn't have the will to admit it. I asked, why ?

The reply was,"You know one thing Madhuri, if we follow our dreams we have to dare. And daring although has risks given our society and its question on use of free will. Sometimes we have to fight and come to an understanding called compromise. What do you choose?"

The answer can be anything based on priorities set by an individual. Some run for money, some run for fame and in pursuit of attaining, they take different roads. And then we leave for others to judge if the road taken was right or wrong. Why does other’s opinion effect so much as to stop dreaming ?

For me, dream is my aspiration. It is something I would like to accomplish and that is why I dream of it. Of course, I cannot get wings to fly if I dreamt of one, but obviously dreaming of wings means asking for an independent life. Dreams bring all the latent desires we don’t worry about in the light of the day but somewhere inside it fights for its freedom. It helps me regulate my mood, keeps my ethereal-self balanced and controlled. I believe free will doesn’t cost as much as is exaggerated. If we’d laid ourselves forget dreaming, we would have never come out of Stone Age.

Scientifically, evolutionary psychologists believe that dreams serve some adaptive function for survival. Deidre Barrett describes dreaming as thinking merely in different biochemical state. This state if active can make changes because it is when a human brings his/her dreams into action.

What I want to say is, nothing is bad unless it harms the society. Dream is nothing but imagination and what is a mind without creativity. The saying is not worthless: “Dream big in order to become big.” If fear clouds the conscience, maybe compromise settles the issue. But when you are on a death bed, you’ll look for free will and you won’t have time to start all over. Life is short and as an Alchemist we need to follow our dreams before it’s too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Following your dream is the best thing you could do to urself :) !!

'im with you !!!